Hurricane preparedness week (May 6-12, 2018) is your time to prepare for a potential land-falling storm or hurricane.
When Mother Nature is in command of the weather, there is little you can do to control it. Yet, you can control staying ahead of the storm season by preparing for the unexpected.
Every year, severe weather runs the risk of leaving up to millions of people without power for extended lengths of time. Some of the worst storms have eliminated access to power in certain areas from hours up to weeks. Are you prepared?
From the leaders in power and emergency preparedness Northern Neck Generator offers you these helpful tips to consider, before the storm hits:
• Complete a weekly exercise test on your generator to make sure it is running at maximum efficiency.
• Stock up on gas and propane to be sure fuel is fresh
• If using a portable, make sure extension cords are easily accessible and know how to set-up your generator properly.
• Make sure your oil levels are up, filter is fresh, and system is a go
• When in doubt, schedule an annual maintenance check with us if you haven’t already had yours for the year.
Take steps to prepare today!
To find out when you are due for an annual maintenance check, contact us today: 804-435-7120